Had a few spare days to work on the car during the week, so I got the quarter panels completely sorted instead of having to spread the work over two weekends like I’d planned.
After painting them and letting the clear coat dry for a few days, I got the quarter panels cut, buffed and polished. After that, I installed the steel braces in the corners, and the various small parts associated with the upper half of the rear tailgate. The first photo also makes clear the inch-thick dust that seems to be a permanent fixture in the garage.
The replacement seals between the quarter panels have been cut to length and test-fitted, but the new sections (with the correct part number) are much smaller than the originals, so I’ll need to get some sections of EPDM sealing strip to beef it up a bit.
The garage is getting very empty now, but the tailgate and roof are still with Mark Natoli, so that’s only a temporary situation.